With over 17 years in Columbus Ohio, Columbus MMA has focused on training and developing student’s martial arts skills. There have been many changes over the years but our students and programs continue to excel. If you want to train to compete, learn a martial art or just to get in shape, then Columbus MMA has a program to fit your needs. Columbus MMA offers top quality, nationally certified instruction in Muay Thai (aka “Thai Boxing” or kickboxing), Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) and Mixed Martial Arts (MMA). Now with a new facility, we are THE destination for Brazilain Jiu-Jitsu, MMA and Muay Thai in Columbus Ohio.
Columbus MMA maintains strong alliances and affiliations with some of the most respected organizations in the martial arts community, including:
We have all levels of students: beginners with no experience, amateur competitors, professional fighters, people who want to learn an art or just want to learn self defense. No matter your fitness level or goals, everyone is welcome to train at Columbus MMA.
We offer programs in:
- Muay Thai: Muay Thai is a type of kickboxing that originated in Thailand. You may have also heard of it by the name “Thai Boxing”. Muay Thai is known as the “art of eight limbs” as you will learn to use punches, kicks, knees and elbows to defend yourself. Some students choose to fight in the ring while others choose to learn and get in shape. The Columbus MMA Muay Thai team has won the Team Championship two years in a row at the National ABA tournament. At Columbus MMA we have the only nationally affiliated and certified instructors to teach Muay Thai in Columbus Ohio and the surrounding areas.
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) was developed in Brazil by the Gracie family. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) focuses on getting your opponent to the ground and using joint locks or chokes to force them to submit (tap out). Although strength can help, leverage and technique are what is most important in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Some students choose to compete in BJJ and submission grappling tournaments. Other Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu students do not compete but enjoy other benefits of learning a highly effective martial art. For Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in Columbus Ohio, Columbus MMA has something for everyone.
- Mixed Martial Arts: Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) is a sport that was made famous by the UFC in the early 1990’s and more recently by UFC/Spike TV’s The Ultimate Fighter. Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) combines the above arts of BJJ and Muay Thai along with wrestling, boxing, and kickboxing to make an effective fighter. Some students go on to fight in the cage while others want to learn and get a great overall body workout. If you choose to fight in MMA, you will be ready when Columbus MMA puts you in the cage.
- Full Contact Kali (stickfighting): Kali/Eskrima is a Filipino martial art that uses a rattan stick, empty hand or blade to teach you to defend yourself. Although a very effective and destructive art, there is also a competition side to the Kali. Columbus MMA has produced many Kali/Eskrima champions, including a 4-time world champion in the black belt instructor division. If learning one of the most direct and destructive weapon martial arts is something you are looking for, you have found the right program at Columbus MMA.
- Kids Classes: The kids martial arts program focuses on exposing your child to all ranges of self defense including, Muay Thai kickboxing while standing and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu while on the ground. The goal of the kids martial arts program is to teach self defense and discipline through martial arts. Kids will obtain rank in the kids BJJ program and the kids kickboxing program.
- Jeet Kune Do: Available through private instruction or small group classes. This class focuses on self defense and not sport. Pieces of many arts are combined to make up this self defense philosophy. Certified and experienced instructors teach every class.
- Over 3000 sq. ft. of mat space
- Regulation raised boxing ring
- Separate mens and womens restrooms
- Separate mens and womens locker rooms
- All recently renovated
- Conditoning equipment
- Muay Thai heavy bags and equipment
- Guest viewing area
- Large garage door and rear windows for ventilation
- Industrial fans, ceiling fans for air circulation
- MMA Practice Cage
For More Information:
- Check out the tabs at the top of the page to find: News, to Contact Us/Directions, or to get an in depth look at the Programs and Instructors.